The 'punch-down fold' makes the insertion point super small. This fold also makes the cup a little more rigid and easier to push your cup further into your vaginal canal before popping open. This is a great fold to start with if you are a beginner!
- Push the front rim of the cup down and in.
- Hold your YONI cup near the base so it stays folded.
- Gently insert the pointed tip into your vagina.
C Fold or U Fold
This one is pretty self-explanatory. Flatten your cup and fold it to look like the letter C, or U - depending on how you hold it. Some people report back saying that this seal can sometimes be harder to 'pop open' (especially compared to the punch-down fold). But some absolutely love it!
- Flatten your menstrual cup so that the lips touch.
- Fold it in half so that it looks like the letter C, or U.
- Hold it near the rim so that it doesn’t lose its shape.
- Gently insert the rim into the vagina.
This menstrual cup has the smallest insertion point and usually ‘pops’ open very easily. Another good one if you are just starting out.
- Flatten your menstrual cup in half so that the lips touch.
- Pull down the right side, so the lips form a ‘7’ shape.
- Gently insert the rim into the vagina - pointy end first.