Most people comfortable use both sizes, but sometimes one may be a better fit than the other.
- The small YONI is suitable for those under thirty or those with a light flow.
- The regular YONI is suitable for people over thirty or those with a heavier flow.
Some other things that you could consider when choosing a size are:
- Lifestyle: If you're living an active lifestyle or are a kegel gold medalist, consider using the small YONI.
- Pregnancy: If you've had a baby, a regular-sized cup could be a better fit.
- Cervix height: If you have a low sitting cervix, you might prefer the small size.
How do I measure the height of my cervix?
Your cervix moves up and down throughout your cycle — so don't stress too much about the exact position. What you want is an idea.
The method we recommend for this is called 'The Finger Knuckle Method'. Graceful, right?
Firstly, wash your hands and find a comfortable position. Then, gently insert your index finger into your vagina. You are looking for something that feels like the tip of your nose (go ahead, try it - we know you want to). Your cervix is firmer than your vaginal walls, so you will know it when you find it.
If you can reach your cervix by the first knuckle, you have a low cervix. If you reach your cervix by the second knuckle, you have a medium cervix. And finally, if you reach your cervix by the third knuckle (or can't reach it at all), you have a high cervix.
Generally, people with a low/medium cervix prefer a smaller sized cup, while people with a medium/high cervix prefer a slightly larger sized cup.